Monday, February 27, 2012

thing 12


Dear Sir or Madam,
I would like to tell you what a great son/daughter you have. He/She is a great joy to have in my class. If you have any questions or concern you may reach me anytime. Thank you , 
your son/daughter teacher



Estimado señor o señora,
Me gustaría decirte lo que es un gran hijo / hija que tiene. El / Ella es una gran alegríade tener en mi clase. Si tiene cualquier pregunta o preocupación que usted puedeponerse en contacto conmigo en cualquier momento. Gracias,
su hijo / a docenteTeaching 


I found Google translate a very helpful tool. There are many times when teachers run into a cultural/ language barrier and unable to communicate with students parents. Well now they may be able to find ways around that with Google translate. All you simply have to do is type in English and chose the language you would like it translated to. Then just print you letter and send it home with the child. This is a great feature and best of all like all things on google it is FREE.
Another great feature I found was Google Alert. I am now keeping up with Teaching in Tennessee through my google reader account. I will be getting feed alerts anytime there is something new in the News about teaching in the state of TN. These are just two of the free tools found on google. There is much much more out there. You just have to take the time and see what you can find. Keep Googleing and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jessica you are going above and beyond! I really have enjoyed reading through your blag and I especially like how you wrote your letter to the parents in both english and spanish! I think it's great that you are showing diversity within your students! You have also added lots of great pictures that show off your great personality!

    ReplyDelete