Sunday, February 5, 2012

#6 of the 23 Things




I have to say that so far this is the best "23 Thing" I have had to do. Dropbox is the coolest site I have ever seen. Yes I kinda already know a little about it, but that doesn't change the fact that I still LOVE it. Dropbox is similar to a digital portable filing cabinet. It allows its user to upload and store information/files to a digital storage account, and here is the best part IT IS FREE!!! That's right I said it, F R E E, FREE! The user can actually earn,by recommending the site, up to 2Gigs of storage. What is so nice about the site is that the user has access to the files they upload at any computer, or phone. This is handy for those of us that have a bad habit of not printing our papers out before we leave home. That's okay with Dropbox. I can run to the library and print a copy of the paper out there because I saved it to my Education Folder.You can also store pictures, music, and even share those files with other Dropbox users. This is a great feature for teachers, students, and parents. If a child is sick, their teacher can upload the assignment to a folder and share it with the parents and student. That way the child never falls behind. The only thing is a teacher may actual need more than 2 gigs of storage but the can pay for additional storage space. Or they just need to keep their files updated and change out the older ones and then they maybe able to stick with the free space. Either way you go, free or paid storage, Dropbox is a great tool and did I mention it is FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment