Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things#3

2. For your Thing #3 post, write about ways that you might use a blog in your teacher education program or your 
future classroom.

Since creating my own page I believe it would be a nice class project for older children. Most children in grades 4 and up would be able to setup a blog and record a weekly post. Whether about a current event, a general class discussion, or to ask lesson questions. 
Plus I believe it would be a great tool for teacher/parent communications for all grades. As a teacher I could post a weekly agenda blog, as to activities and lessons that would be covered in class. Parents would then have access to my blog page and could keep up with what their child would be covering. Parents would also have the ability to ask questions and be actively involved with the child's schooling.  

2 comments:

  1. Great idea using a blog to interact with your students parents. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea about setting up a weekly blog for your students; it is a great way to get their perspectives on current events. Plus it will teach them to be courteous and respectful of others opinions.

    ReplyDelete