Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thing #1

Once I finished watching the tutorial 7 1/2 Habit of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners I began to realize that like most college students, myself included, need new techniques to better understand material. This tutorial was able to highlight some of those new techniques.

Personally I found that the easiest habit to implemented would be #1, begin with a goal in mind. Like most students, I start each new semester with the same goal in mind. A's in all my classes, and just like an alarm there is always a bump in the road. Some how I am always find my way back on target and keep trucking through the semester. I have found that the best way for me to work through a problem is to teach someone else, habit #7. By talking another person through the same problem I am most generally able to figure out where I went wrong.

The hardest habit for me would be to learn how to play. Ever semester I seem to become a big grump and no fun, according to my family. I stress and stress over keeping on task and not falling behind, that I tend to forget to enjoy the experience of college.

Hopefully as this semester progresses I will learn more about Web 2.0 since in all honesty I don't have a clue as to what it is. When it comes to technology I like it, but it doesn't always seem to like me. Then for some reason one of us usually ends up with our feelings hurt and laying in a hep on the floor(me). Hopefully since this first blog hasn't turned out to awful, things are looking up. Only time can tell!  

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about using new technology. Once I get used to how a program/website works, then I will like it, but at first I will always get frustrated when I can't get something right. I'm excited to see what else comes in store for our class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I have the same problem you have when it comes to stress and not knowing how to play. College sometimes seems too busy to be able to actually find time to enjoy it. I always laugh when people tell me that your college years are the best because I just don’t get it. Maybe one day I’ll look back and realize that I stressed too much, but for now I feel like I need to stress as much as I am just so I can get through college successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I couldn't have said it better myself, " I always laugh when people tell me that your college years are the best because I just don’t get it.". I just don't get it. Between reading, homework, studing for quizes, projects, and papers. How do people find time for clubs, sports, and parting? There just don't seem to be enough hours in a day for me. But that is okay, I will just be "The Little Engine That Could" and keep chugging along.

    ReplyDelete